Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

This month is the 25th anniversary of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  This cause is close to my heart (no pun intended) because of a strong maternal family history of breast cancer.  It's so important to get regular mammograms and to do the self-checks that save so many lives each year.  I get to go the the Ballard Swedish Women's Imaging clinic for my tests.  On a recent visit, I walked in and sat down, trying to act cool in my oh-so-attractive hospital gown.  This is what greeted me...


happy, smiling, crocheted boobies (ordinarily I shy away from the term booby, but it really seemed to fit here).  I love them.  And they came in so handy for the technician when she was going over how the imaging equipment worked!  They're both practical and disarming.  I think every imaging lab should have some!


0 comments: